Don’t have Fourth of July plans yet? Here is a guide to the many free, family-friendly public events in the Preston Hollow area:
- Furry friends are welcome at the Hillcrest Forest Neighborhood Association’s annual parade at 10 a.m. at Arthur Kramer Elementary School. There will be face painting, a balloon artist, and a best-dressed dog contest. Refreshments will be provided courtesy of Whole Foods. To see photos of last year’s parade, visit the HFNA site.
- The Preston Hollow North Homeowner’s Association will host its parade at 9 a.m. The route will start at the Preston Hollow Elementary School parking lot. For photos of last year’s event, visit the event page.
- The Walnut Hill Homeowner’s Association will celebrate with a parade and picnic at the Fieldfare Court cul-de-sac. The parade will start at 9:30 a.m. with the picnic following immediately after. For more information on the parade and other WHHA events, visit their calendar.
- Prestonwood Homeowner’s Association will host its annual neighborhood celebration starting with a parade at the intersection of Sandydale Drive and Golden Creek Road at 9 a.m. The event will include refreshments, children’s activities, and a bicycle parade hosted by the fire department. For more information, visit the PHA site.
- Sparkman Club Estates will also host a children’s bicycle parade at 10:30 a.m., with their main parade following at 11 a.m. Both parades will embark from the 3300 block of Duchess Trail.
- The annual Bluffview parade will start at 9:45 a.m. at the 4800 block of Bluffview Boulevard. For more information visit the event calendar at the City of Dallas special events site.