Former Dallas Cowboy Drew Pearson helped honor 16 local high school students, including five from Highland Park High School, at the 12th annual Tom Landry Scholarship Banquet on April 29 at Maggiano’s in NorthPark Center. Pearson was the guest speaker at the event.
The Tom Landry Scholarship is open to senior high schoolers in various extracurricular activities and positions. The applicants are selected based on their academic excellence, community service work, and leadership among their peers. The five Highland Park students honored at the banquet were:
- Michel Krikorian (Cheerleader) – Scholarship Presented By Nestle
- Taylor Foster (Highland Belle) – Scholarship Presented By Bank of Texas
- Brady Burgin (Football) – Scholarship Presented By Sports Authority
- Clay Crews (Football) – Scholarship Presented By Low T Center
- Reed Farmer (Football) – Scholarship Presented By Southwest Securities
The Tom Landry Scholarship Banquet is connected to the Tom Landry Classic football game, where Highland Park annually opens its football season. The Scots will face Aledo in the 2012 Tom Landry Classic on Aug. 31 at 7:30 p.m. at SMU’s Ford Stadium.