Highland Park Mayor Joel T. Williams III with assistance from Mimi Tafel, serving as “mayor for the day” on April 24, recognized the town’s 2016 employees of the year.
- Tom Devitt, public works maintenance worker III, Town Services Department (Sewer)
- Jessica Russell, public safety officer, Department of Public Safety
- Gerri Robeson, Municipal Court clerk, Municipal Court
- Kathy Hannon, secretary to the director/custodian of records, Department of Public Safety
- Rodell Byrd, sergeant, Department of Public Safety
- David Ferguson, engineer assistant, Engineering Department
Mimi earned the opportunity to serve as “mayor for the day” during the Bradfield Elementary School’s PTA auction on Feb. 25.
On April 24, she led the council in the Pledge of Allegiance and presided over the meeting with Williams instructing her when to read text from the agenda, open public hearings, and offer opportunities for members of the council and public to speak.