by Mackenzie Cimala and Paige Kerley
Mother’s Day is the perfect excuse to shower our moms with the love and gratitude we should show all year. Here are a few fun ideas for you and your mom, no matter her interests.
- Sur La Table Mother’s Day Macarons class, 10 a.m., $69 per person
- “Our Roots” Mother’s Day Concert presented by The Women’s Chorus of Dallas at Texas Discovery Gardens, 2 p.m., $25 per person
- Exhale Spa, 25 percent off spa treatments for you and mom or free yoga class for mom, May 3-10, prices vary
- Dallas Children’s Theater presents “Jackie & Me” at the Baker Theater, 1:30 and 4:30 p.m.
- The Dallas Theater Center presents “Sense and Sensibility” at the Kalita Humphreys Theater, 2 p.m.
- Winspear Opera House presents “Newsies,” 2 and 7:30 p.m.
Brunch a Bunch
- DISH Preston Hollow Mother’s Day Brunch, $45 per person or $15 for children 12 and under
- Brunch at Hotel St. Germain, first seating at 11 a.m., 11:30 a.m., and noon; second seating at 1 p.m., 1:30 p.m., and 2 p.m., $60 per person
- Brunch at Rosine Hall, Dallas Arboretum, $68 for adults, $30 for children ages 5-10, free for children 4 and under