The Highland Park Blue Wave swam to victory in 21 of the 22 swimming events at the District 9-4A Swimming and Diving Meet on Friday in Carrollton.
Six Highland Park athletes won gold medals in each of their individual events at the meet:
- Senior Morgan King in the 100 breaststroke and 200 individual medley
- Senior Lauren Murski in the 200 free and 500 free
- Junior Kate Boyer in the 50 free and 100 free
- Junior Mason Kelly in the 100 free and 200 free
- Junior Nick Moore in the 100 fly and 100 back
- Sophomore Jasper VanCauwelaert in the 100 breaststroke and 200 individual medley
Other medal winners placing in the top three in their events were seniors Michelle Wessman (first in 100 fly, third in 50 free), Nicole Ewer (second in 100 back, third in 200 IM), and Kevin Savabi (second in 200 IM and 100 back); juniors Natalie Morris (second in 100 fly) and Mika Malouf (second in 100 breaststroke); sophomores Helena Burns (first in 100 back), Brian Nguyen (second in 200 fly and third in 200 free), Michael Zhao (third in 200 IM), and Luke Petty (third in 50 free); and freshmen Tommy King (first in 500 free and second in 200 free) and Robby King (second in 500 free).
The Scots also won all six relays at the meet. The girls’ winning relays included Ewer, Malouf, Morris, and Wessman (200 medley); Boyer, Ewer, King, and Murski (200 free ); and Boyer, Wessman, King, and Murski (400 free). The boys’ winning relays included Savabi, VanCauwelaert, Nguyen, and Kelly (200 medley); Moore, Savabi, Tommy King, and Nguyen (200 free); and Moore, Tommy King, VanCauwelaert, and Kelly (400 free).
The Region 3 Swimming and Diving Championships will be held Feb. 7-8 in Frisco, where 25 Scots will be swimming for HP.