SMU’s 42-member board is operating with 11 newly elected trustees. Know any of these people?
Here’s the university’s official list, with job titles, locales, and other context following each person’s name:
- William D. Armstrong, president and owner of Armstrong Oil and Gas, Denver
- Richie L. Butler, business leader and founding senior pastor of Union Cathedral, Dallas
- Jeanne Tower Cox, civic and philanthropic leader, Dallas (previously served on the board from 1996 to 2008)
- Katherine Raymond Crow, civic and philanthropic leader, Dallas
- Antoine L.V. Dijkstra, partner and co-founder of Implexus Capital & Partners, The Netherlands
- Bishop James E. Dorff, San Antonio Episcopal Area of The United Methodist Church, San Antonio (replaced a retiring trustee in spring)
- Larry R. Faulkner, president-emeritus at UT-Austin and retired president of Houston Endowment, Inc., Austin and Houston
- Bishop Michael McKee, North Texas Conference of The United Methodist Church, Dallas
- Scott J. McLean, chief executive officer of Amergy Amegy Bank of Texas, Houston (previously served on the board from 1996 to 1997 representing the SMU Alumni Board)
- Connie Blass O’Neill, civic and philanthropic leader, Dallas (previously served on the board from 2007 to 2009 representing the SMU Alumni Board.
- Richard Ware, president of Amarillo National Bank, Amarillo (previously served on the board from 1980 to 1992 and from 1994 to 2008)
You have to wonder if the sole, brave Dutch person on this list plans to commute to the board’s quarterly meetings — or if maybe he lives in Dallas at least part-time, as some quick Googling would suggest. Anyway, the next one is Dec. 6 and 7.
In other official business, Caren Prothro was re-elected as chair in July, Robert Dedman Jr. is serving as vice chair, and David Miller is the board’s secretary. Michael Boone has been named chair-elect, set to replace Prothro in June, 2014.
SMU re-elected the following trustees (including Prothro, Dedman, Miller, and Boone, obviously) this summer, and they’ll have their seats until at least 2016:
- Ruth Collins Sharp Altshuler, civic and philanthropic leader, Dallas
- Michael M. Boone, founder and partner of Haynes & Boone LLP, Dallas
- Bradley W. Brookshire, chair of the board, Brookshire Grocery Co., Tyler
- Laura Welch Bush, former First Lady of the United States, Dallas
- Kelly Hoglund Compton, executive director of the Hoglund Foundation, Dallas
- Rev. Mark Craig, senior minister of Highland Park United Methodist Church, Dallas
- Gary T. Crum, president of CFP Foundation, Houston
- Robert H. Dedman, Jr., president and CEO of DFI Management, Ltd., Dallas
- Gerald J. Ford, chair and CEO of Diamond A Ford Corporation, Dallas
- Antonio O. Garza, Jr., counsel for White & Case, S.C., Mexico City
- James R. Gibbs, retired chair of Frontier Oil Corporation, Houston
- Frederick B. Hegi, Jr., founding partner of Wingate Partners, Dallas
- Clark K. Hunt, chairman and CEO of the Kansas City Chiefs, Dallas
- Ray L. Hunt, chair, president and CEO of Hunt Consolidated, Inc., Dallas
- Gene C. Jones, civic and philanthropic leader, Dallas
- Bishop Scott J. Jones, Great Plains Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church, Wichita, Kan.
- Fredrick S. Leach, urology specialist in private medical practice, Plano
- Paul B. Loyd, Jr., investments with PBL Enterprises, Houston
- Bobby B. Lyle, chair, president and CEO of Lyco Holdings Incorporated, Dallas
- David B. Miller, co-founder and managing partner, EnCap Investments L.P. , Dallas
- Rev. Dr. Sheron Covington Patterson, communications officer for the North Texas Region of The United Methodist Church, Dallas
- Sarah Fullinwider Perot, civic and philanthropic leader, Dallas
- Jeanne L. Phillips, senior vice president at Hunt Consolidated, Inc., Dallas
- Caren H. Prothro, civic and philanthropic leader, Dallas
- Carl Sewell, chair of Sewell Automotive Companies, Dallas
- Richard K. Templeton, chair, president and CEO of Texas Instruments Incorporated, Dallas
- Royce E. (Ed) Wilson, Sr., CEO and vice chair of Attensity Media, Santa Monica, Calif.