Trustees approved close to $106,000 in gifts and in-kind donation’s at last night’s regular board meeting. Read on for details.
– $39,000 from the Armstrong-Bradfield PTA Preschool Association for Armstrong Elementary; funds will go toward kindergarten technology ($14,000) and supplies ($5,500); and first-grade technology ($19,500).
– $39,000 from the Armstrong-Bradfield PTA Preschool Association for Bradfield Elementary; funds will go toward professional development ($19,000); technology ($8,500); instructional materials ($6,500); books ($2,700); furniture ($1,550); and educational speakers and programs ($750).
– $15,000 from the Park Cities Dad’s Club for this year’s high school graduation ceremony
– $4,000 from the Armstrong PTA to Armstrong Elementary, for student field trips
– $3,865 in in-kind donations from the Highland Park Sports Club: new lane lines, a relay platform, and a clock for the high school swimming and diving teams
– $2,008 from the Highland Park Sports Club to the high school girls cross-country and softball teams, for the purchase of two desktop computers
– $2,000 from the Marilyn Augur Family Foundation, to go toward classroom instructional supplies at Hyer Elementary
– $510 from the Highland Park Sports Club, for the purchase of an electronic possession arrow at the HPMS gym
– $350 from the Special Education Parent Advisory Committee, to buy “sight ware” software at Armstrong Elementary