This is more convenient for the readers of Oak Cliff People than the readers of Preston Hollow People, but Dallas Friends of Public Education has scheduled a forum for 6:30 tonight at Methodist Dallas Medical Center‘s Hitt Auditorium. The moderator will be former DISD teacher, principal, trustee, and state Rep. Harryette Ehrhardt. According to an e-mail that’s been making the rounds, you will have an opportunity to:
- Hear accurate, up-to-date information about the proposed 2011-2012 budget cuts from State and Local representatives. What do we know? What don’t we know? Public suggestions collected so far.
- Hear about the strategic plan that is unfolding at Dallas ISD from members of the recently formed Public Budget Commission..
- Collectively engage in the dialogue that we are all having individually.
- Ask questions and submit budget reduction ideas to members of the Public Budget Commission.
- Learn about how YOU can help.
See you there?